Source for seasoned Oak in Dandridge/Sevierville, TN

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2012
Eastern Tennessee
We have been buying seasoned wood by the rik from a local fireplace store which was okay. We are seasoning 2 cords from the property but don't have the room for a full cord, hence the need for smaller quantity.
Does anyone have a source for seasoned firewod in this area? We have a pickup so we don't need it delivered to us.

Thanks.

I'm not from your area I live 10 hours north of you but I have visited Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg many times and wished I could move down there.
That said I think you may have a hard time finding truly seasoned oak for sale unless you find a very reputable prepared firewood dealer. You might have better luck trying to find some hard maple or locust that is really seasoned than oak. I would contact some stove dealers and ask them where they get dry enough wood to run in the new stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.