Canada South Okanagan, BC $125 ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjarne

Just bought and picked up 4 pallets of Eagle Valley brand, direct from the mill in Princeton, BC. Each pallet contains 60 -40 pound bags= 2400 pounds. Which works out to $2.50 per bag = $125 CND per ton.
No delivery, so you need your own truck, but we have a flat-deck, so no problem.

We have two houses on our ranch, both houses are well insulated and both use a pellet stove as only source of heat, with electric back-up. Each house uses 2 pallets per year...that a total of $300 heating costs each per year....our winters averages around the freezing point.

Just saw the same Eagle Valley brand at Rona being sold for $4.99 bag. That is at least a 100% mark-up...but since Rona is a major Canada-wide building supply chain, I am sure that they bought it from the mill for much less then I did.

Just shopped tonight at Home Depot and Rona and noticed the price per bag now raised to $5.99 per bag. The same brand that I paid $2.50 per bag, 3 weeks ago...I guess winter has officially arrived!!!

Just found these at our local Canadian Tire store for $5 and was curious as to how they compare. CT is also carrying Okanagans for the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.