Southern maine wood connections?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelthomas

Feb 10, 2006
I am looking for a southern maine log length wood supplier. I have called every logger listed in the local yellow pages and have never had anybody answer the phone or call back. I guess business is really good up here. I have called every tree company within 30 miles and the 3 out of 20 companies that answered or called back say that they keep their hardwood for personal use. I am looking for someone who is selling triaxle loads of log length mixed hardwood or misc sized hardwood like a tree company would have. Any body have any untapped connections up here?

Thanks

Michael

Loggers rarely return calls, for some reason. I would keep trying until you get one on the line. With pulp markets in the tank, I would think you wouldn't have too much trouble finding a load of hardwood.

Where exactly are you in Southern Maine? Give me the town and I'll see if I know any loggers in the vicinity.

I live in scarborough which is about 5 miles from portland. Fairly urban area. Logger companies seem to be out west in waterboro, standish, naples limerick etc... Let me know. I have this years wood all set to go and most of next years, but would love to get 2 years ahead as the miracle of dry wood is amazing. Last year I fought through 4 cord of marginal green wood and it was awefull. I want to have dry wood from here on out and that means time.

Eric Johnson said:
Loggers rarely return calls, for some reason. I would keep trying until you get one on the line. With pulp markets in the tank, I would think you wouldn't have too much trouble finding a load of hardwood.

Where exactly are you in Southern Maine? Give me the town and I'll see if I know any loggers in the vicinity.

Mike,

Another place to ask is the Husky, Stihl or Jonsereds shops in the area, best face to face, tell him what you did and no return calls etc...maybe he will refer or help out in some way...He may also refer the ones who pay him on time etc...good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.