Sparks from the pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woodsman23 said:
Hello slick how are you tonight, been outdoors since it got dark???? just wondering...

Oh no.....we're NOT starting THIS again, are we???? :ahhh:

Because this came up again and everyone who posted probably doesn't want to revisit this, as a non participant during it's first round, I encourage all to read. I haven't spoken with slickplant35 and hope the therapy went well and all things are now OK and you can see sparks and not run for a knife.

Bumped on purpose.

Slick, you're ok in my book. Just watch that your bush doesn't catch on fire, cut it down if you have to and put in some pavers under your vent. Where there are sparks there can be fire! You guys are too funny.

I said it before, and i'll say it again....as a pellet burner, I always have loved a nice closely trimmed bush. :)

macman said:
I said it before, and i'll say it again....as a pellet burner, I always have loved a nice closely trimmed bush. :)

“I have never had a firepot full of pellets”, macman

woodsman23 said:
You guys are so bad, poor slick. you should all be ashamed of yourselves.... :cheese:

Don't you miss him??? He was so funny.

Woodsman, don't even try it!! You had a great time with this thread......you had me laughing so hard I was crying! :lol:

Oh, and as for the spelling of ashamed, the correct spelling according to eernest4 is "ashaimed"

I think she was a man.

sydney1963 said:
I think she was a man.

You think??. She said somewhere she had no spouse.... oh dammm the internet your right could have been a smart goat for all we know spaaaaaaaaaaarks spaaaaaaaarks baaaaaad spaaaarks...

BTW Sydney started the whole thing :p

woodsman23 said:
sydney1963 said:
I think she was a man.

You think??. She said somewhere she had no spouse.... oh dammm the internet your right could have been a smart goat for all we know spaaaaaaaaaaarks spaaaaaaaarks baaaaaad spaaaarks...

BTW Sydney started the whole thing :p

I just went back & read posts #12-17 again, and I am LMAO again!!! The best part was when Sydney yelled at me..... :lol:

Sorry macman, it was before I knew how ridiculous it was. I read it again also and was sitting here laughing to myself. If anyone heard me they would have thought I was crazy. LOL But macman, I thought you like being yelled at.

sydney1963 said:
......But macman, I thought you like being yelled at.
When slickplant yelled at me about her lost humidifier box, now THAT was funny too, and I did enjoy it. :lol:

OMG, I forgot about that one, that was even funnier!!! Please find that link and post it, I want to read it again. LOL

My ex-girlfriend complained about sparks coming out of my pipe...

MNBobcat said:
krooser said:

I've never had that happen but I've heard it can happen if you have a really short pipe.

I think Krooser mentioned to me last year he had a 2" pipe....not that I was askin' or anything. :blank:

And here I was trying to be the nice guy until my PM box lit up that night! Wow, this thread is way too funny, forgot all about it until I saw 'slickplant'. Wonder how it is doing? Slickplant that is, not the stove.

MNBobcat said:
krooser said:

I've never had that happen but I've heard it can happen if you have a really short pipe.

Short Pipe = sparks Long Pipe = ??? Fire ???

to pass code you need to be 2 feet above grade. one foot from your house. and 3 feet from combustibles from end of vent if you don't meet this then you need to place stone or block.

maglite67 said:
to pass code you need to be 2 feet above grade. one foot from your house. and 3 feet from combustibles from end of vent if you don't meet this then you need to place stone or block.

Or a spark bucket!!! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.