Specs for a lopi revere

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

drig

Feb 17, 2015
Davisburg, MI
I had a dealer come out to measure up my ZC metal fireplace to fit a Lopi revere insert.
all will fit, just that when he called LOPI about the distance to my mantel, he told me that it
was to close to be installed even with a mantel shield.

Now LOPI's specs says needs to be 24" for masonry and N/A for metal (ZC)

I would have to put 6" legs on the revere so that would put me at around 20" from the mantel...

event the flush mount ones that LOPI has says N/A when referring to mantel distance

Wondering if this wont work, what other insert could I use.

Please Help !!! Propane too expensive

Attachments

• LOPI_REVERE.jpg
    LOPI_REVERE.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 130
Last edited by a moderator:
Specs for the Revere insert installed in a ZC are 42.75" from hearth to the bottom of the mantel. They do not list a mantel shielded alternative height.

Screen Shot 2015-02-17 at 10.10.17 AM.png

see, I need to put 6 inch legs on it the way my ZC sits in there take away 6 inches from 45" puts me at 39"

Maybe that's why they are saying NO..

The manual doesn't seem to cover that, they only list hearth to mantel distance. Ask them why an NFPA 211 ventilated shield under the mantel wouldn't reduce clearances.

PS: What make and model ZC fireplace is this?

It's usually listed on a tag inside the ZC door frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.