Spoke to Pacific energy, and this is their response

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itslay90

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2022
Upstate,NY
I was asking them. Is 650-700’s a sign of a overfired. And the response is “The stove has a control lever to change the burn rate. This control should be in the mid-range for most of the burn. The high burn can be used for starting a fire and charring the wood when reloading. Once the wood is charred the control should be turned down until the flames slow down. If the stove is used on high all the time it will be overfired.”

Last edited:
I keep my PE Vista STT 550-650 Max. Gradually lowering the air to 10% open. With extreme cold and strong draft I close it.

The air control setting is going to vary with the wood load, draft, and timing. All this has been covered and guidance offered.

650-700 is not an overfire. Why do I always have a feeling of dega vu when reading posts by itslay 90?
Funny I thought the same thing

Reactions: Itslay90
Status
Not open for further replies.