I just want to say..Thank you.. ! begreen, EatenByLimestone, and bholler.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Itslay90

Feeling the Heat
Dec 16, 2022
Upstate,NY
i just want to say thank you. I took all the information y’all gave me, and applied it to this year burning season, and I am glad to say that my Pacific energy summit. LE. Now heats my house.!! Last night it was 35 outside, and it was 73-74 in my house. I know I was a pain last year with all the posts I did ! Here’s What I changed. the wood. It’s dry and doesn’t have to fight moisture in the wood, and another thing I started turning down the air control sooner so I can get a more of a control burn. I think that was one of the problems also. I thought keeping the air control in the middle was giving me the most heat,
and it wasn’t. You get the most heat when it’s turned down, and that’s what I noticed for three days. I can’t wait till I can burn 24/7! ! !. The stovetop was 650-680 and the flue temp was 250-300.

Last edited:
i just want to say thank you. I took all the information y’all gave me, and applied it to this year burning season, and I am glad to say that my Pacific energy summit. LE. Now heats my house.!! Last night it was 35 outside, and it was 73-74 in my house. I know I was a pain last year with all the posts I did ! Here’s What I changed. the wood. It’s dry and doesn’t have to fight moisture in the wood, and another thing I started turning down the air control sooner so I can get a more of a control burn. I think that was one of the problems also. I thought keeping the air control in the middle was giving me the most heat,
and it wasn’t. You get the most heat when it’s turned down, and that’s what I noticed for three days. I can’t wait till I can burn 24/7! ! !. The stovetop was 650-680 and the flue temp was 250-300.
Very nice glad you got it figured out

Reactions: Itslay90
I'm glad that things are working better now. The Summit is a good heater.

I just wished I knew this sooner !
It's a very common 1st year error. That's why this thread is a sticky at the top of the forum.

I just wished I knew this sooner !
Everyone makes this mistake. Especially us old guys that burned pre epa stoves. After the first year of less than great burns, the light bulb finally goes on.

It's a very common 1st year error. That's why this thread is a sticky at the top of the forum.
Yes, that’s what I read, last night. It’s a good article