Spread the heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris04626

Minister of Fire
I have my stove in the living room, from there to the kitchen is pretty much completly open except a 3 foot wall. in the living its 74-76 in the kitchen it is 68-70. Menaing when its 70 i nthe living room its 64-66 i nthe kitchen

Anyway to get some heat out here?

Have you tried a fan???? I use a few and it works pretty good.......

Fans circulate air though and that's what you need. I have a stand up rotating fan in the room with the stove (dinning room), and a floor box style fan that blow the air from the living room into the hall where my stairs are.

I also have ceiling fans in the kitchen and the room with the stove but i don't use them a lot

Chris04626 said:
Fans blow cool air though?

How do you have fans set up? What kind of fans do you use?

Small fan, point at stove. Keep on low setting, just enough
to move air but you don't want to create a cold draft with it.
It will force the warm air into other rooms. Works well.

I have had the best luck with my ceiling fans running. heats everything pretty even.

Status
Not open for further replies.