Spring Buy Which Pellet? Barefoot or Clearfire Pacific

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

countk

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2008
Cape Ann, MA
Looking to pull the trigger on either 3 tons of Clearfire Pacific or Barefoots. Pricing is fairly close.
3 Tons Barefoot w/shipping = $867
3 Tons Clearfire Pacific w/shipping = $881
I have never tried Clearfire Pacific before but have burned Okie's and LG which many on this site have said the Clearfire are comparable too. I love Okies and the LG's were okay. Any thoughts? Which would you buy? My stove is not at all fussy and will burn most anything.

If you have never tried it, that is a bad way to commit to 3 tons. Would you buy a car without at least sitting in it first? Buy a few bags to try first. Additionally is this off season pricing in your area? A lot of dealers near me have already dropped their pricing. Some areas do offer lower prices during the summer, but varies of course.

If you have never tried it, that is a bad way to commit to 3 tons. Would you buy a car without at least sitting in it first? Buy a few bags to try first. Additionally is this off season pricing in your area? A lot of dealers near me have already dropped their pricing. Some areas do offer lower prices during the summer, but varies of course.
Don't take this personal, but I knew I would get the "have you tried it first", that is why I stated that I have tried Okies and LG's which many people say are of a similar softwood. While you are correct that I should try them 1st, I don't know where to find them in my area. This is a lowered or "Spring Buy" price on woodpellets.com for the ClearFire Pacific. The Barefoot are from a local dealer just south of Boston and it is also a Spring deal. I never wait till the summer, rather lock in now. That's just the way I usually do it. With everything so uncertain in todays economy, there is no bet that prices will go down in the summertime.

No worries. I can't guess your circumstance so I have to ask. Are the clean fires also a softwood. As you may know barefoot is a hardwood. Generally the softies offer a higher btu. I'm partial to the barefoot, had great success with them, but I don't have reasonable access to softwoods in my area.

can't go wrong with the barefoots IMO

I can get the LG Granules now for $791.70 shipped from Wood pellets.com.They were the best pellet I burned this year.I may jump on this.

No worries. I can't guess your circumstance so I have to ask. Are the clean fires also a softwood. As you may know barefoot is a hardwood. Generally the softies offer a higher btu. I'm partial to the barefoot, had great success with them, but I don't have reasonable access to softwoods in my area.
The Clearfire Pacific is a softwood and get pretty good reviews here and as stated I love Okies and have also burned LG's, but I know I can't go wrong with Barefoots, so I'm leaning that way. Clearfire has a hardwood as well and the reviews here on them are not to good.

I can get the LG Granules now for $791.70 shipped from Wood pellets.com.They were the best pellet I burned this year.I may jump on this.
I'm assuming that is for 3 tons, if so I would have to pay 838.70 and I live closer in Northeast Taxachussets! Do you have some sort of a coupon?

I'm assuming that is for 3 tons, if so I would have to pay 838.70 and I live closer in Northeast Taxachussets! Do you have some sort of a coupon?
No.I went to the website and gave them my address and that is the price I got for 3 tons.I think they ship from Taunton which is only a few miles away.

I'd go with the Barefoots, always consistent quality.

I tried the Barefoots, burned the same as the Somersets with more ash. The Cleanfires are like the Okies, I bought 3 tons yesterday

My dealer which is about 15 minutes from the house will be carrying Barefoots this season.

Price is $299/ton. Delivery is $25 for as many tons as I want.

Other option from them is Currans, which I got with the 2 stoves this yr, at $249/ton. Not really impressed with these after trying some Barefoots.

There is another dealer a bit further away with Cubex at I believe $285/ton but with a higher delivery. $25/ton up to 4 tons. After that free.

Guess I'm gonna go with the Barefoots/5 tons.

The Somersets burned the same as the Barefoots for me with a tad more ash. Somersets a whole lot cheaper per ton:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.