Spruce Pointe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AccentraRRT

Burning Hunk
Mar 1, 2014
Massachusetts
very pleased with these pellets.
Spruce Pointe is a super premium soft wood pellet out of Alberta Canada. Light in color, consistent size. Great smell, no fines. Barely any ash at all.. But what is there is light and fluffy.
I purchased a a "power pack" that came with 2.2 tons of Spruce point and 1 ton of Blazer Douglas Fir. I have so far burned about 15 bags of the Spruce Pointe and 5 or so bag of the Blazers.. I can honestly say I am much more pleased with the performance of the Spruce Pointe.

I have burned about a half ton of these and I'm also very happy. My bags though are filled with fines and some broken pellets. It doesn't bother me at all though, and it's nice to hear that your bags have no fines and consistent pellet size. I imagine if anything, those would burn better than mine, but mine are burning very very well. There is very little ash build up in the burn pot of my 25-PDVC, and what is there is light and fluffy. The airwash blows most of the ash out of the burn pot.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Opposite for me, I burned about 10 bags of spruce point and a ton of fines although heat was good. Ash was low and fluffy but the Blazers are burning hotter than the spruce pointe and the ash is way less.

They're ok. Less ash than Currans, but I think any pellet has less ash.... Decent heat, not overpowering.

I got into a different ton of these since i had 3. Totally different than the other ton. Pellets are all in tact, little dust in the bags, and they are consistent in size. They burn just a good as the broken dusty ton I described above. At this point, I would buy these for my stove again in a heartbeat. Will have to give more info later this week after a few nights of burning on 9's in C mode.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
I've been burning these on 9's in my stove and they are leaving 75% less ash in my burn pot than any other BBS store pellet, which is what I'm after with these pellets. I also just took apart my stove for my first big cleaning. I've put just a few bags over a ton through my stove. Significantly less ash throughout my entire stove than with any BBS pellet. I would still buy these again in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.