Squealing noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robzheat

Hearth Supporter
Sep 30, 2006
I have a Harman XXV, and this weekend I noticed when the auger was turning it made a squealing noise. Anyone know why. Only made the noise when auger was turning. Sounded like metal on metal

thanks

new stove, or over a season old? Im assuming your stove is clean, all the carbon buildup is absolutely cleaned out of the burnpot too, right?
My guess is youve got a bad gearbox or a bad sleeve bearing, youve gotta isolate the squeek more....open the back and see if you cantell right where its coming from. Note that all XXV's are still covered under Harman's warrantee, so, if you are sure that your issue isnt due to maintenance or abuse, it should be covered under the warrantee of the stove. If its due to lack of maintenance or abuse, expect a charge from the dealer.
Good luck!

Yeah we keep saying it here isolate where and when the noise is and that changes the troubleshooting route we take.

Status
Not open for further replies.