My wife is concerned. When my installers put in my liner, they didn't trim down the top and it stuck out too much. Long story short, it sticking out so much caught the wind, pushed slightly to the side and broke all the silicone seals up there. Come spring, I'm taking out the liner and replacing it. Am I in danger if I wait till Spring with broken silicone seals? My roof is covered with snow & ice so I'm in danger if I do it now. If I caulk it again chances are it will break the seals again. I don't have the tools, but I can get them my other option is to risk it and climb on the roof with snow & ice, trim it down, re-attach the rain cap, and recaulk it. Then, replace the whole liner in Spring. Is this something very critical and can't wait till spring? I have an inside chimney.