st croic prescott exl 2005 lazy flame

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboy57

Jan 30, 2012
Rochester NY
Two problems the flame is lazy, and the forsooth will overfill at setting 4 and 5. I have cleaned with bottle brush, pulled combustion motor cleaned all the way to the vent tube clean out. Each step I got debris even thought I clean all of the above each year and the ash traps every week. I have seen in other listings where this stove now has a third cleanout behind the ashpan and two small holes on either side of pellet delivery tube. My stove does not have these additional clean outs can I add them?

Use a hammer to tap on the back wall of the firebox while having the ash trap covers off... run a coat hanger up the ash trap and poke around with that...the ash will keep coming and coming... then use a leafblower (search 'leafblower trick") and use that to SUCK out the ash from the outside vent...

Status
Not open for further replies.