St Croix Afton Bay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chuck p

Hearth Supporter
Oct 11, 2008
Pittston Pa.
Hi All,
I'm having a problem with my stove i replaced the control boad and the stove was working fine. The stove came on this morning and did a complete burn and all was well. Came home this afternoon and the number 4 light was blinking i reflashed the board, reset the connecters. The only thing that comes on is the exhaust blower.

From manual:

My Stove isn’t burning and the #4 LED light is blinking. This means the high Limit has shut the Stove down. The Convection Blower could be defective or may need cleaning. The high limit switch may be also defective. It is best to call your dealer for support when trying to troubleshoot the High Limit Switch. Do not use your Stove if the High Limit switch frequently trips.

What program did you select when setting up new control board?

Program number 3. Is there a way to check the high limit switch?

I think I would be looking to see why the Hi-temp disc poped
Convection fan ? or other problem. If it shut down the stove when overheated
it did what it was designed to do

When i tried to reset the switch there was no sound of it reseting. Can i bypass the switch to see it that is my problem?
Thanks

You can bypass it but that will not stop your stove from overheating
It is a safety switch so DO NOT run it continuously on bypass

Thanks for all your help, it wasn't the high limit switch after all. I went and tried rereset button and heard it click. The problem was with the room blower and i didn't think a 2 year old motor would fail. I put my old fan in as everything is working fine and new fan was ordered.