St Croix Ashly p blinking 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dansaun

Nov 23, 2011
Western CT
I have an ashby-p pellet stove. Now my chimney is clean (literally just cleaned it) and the stove is cleaned routinely. The blinking 2 led comes on only when I burn the unit off on 5..... not sure what the cause is.... combustion blower on the way out? My stove is about 5 years old.

Thanks for any ideas! Kind of confused on this one.

If this is your stove:

http://stcroixstoves.com/pdf/Ashby-P-Manuals.pdf

from what I've read, it sounds like the vacuum port @ the stove, the vacuum hose <-> to the vacuum switch, or the switch itself may be clogged w/ ash.

I'd locate the vacuum switch in the back of the stove, follow the hose to the stove body, remove from that end and use a suitable pick tool to make sure the port is clear, and check / clear out the vacuum hose as needed, first.

Cleaning the combustion blower housing & impeller on the blower couldn't hurt either..

The stove control board senses when the vacuum switch detects 'loss of vacuum', so if cleaning doesn't help, it may be the switch is plugged or has failed / is bad.. (From the manual above - Yearly maint., page 45, Troubleshooting, page 48.)

First thing I'd do is the leaf blower suction trick with stove off and stove door open. Hopefully you'll see a bunch of ash come out of it and then it burns normal again. Look it up on youtube for examples of how to do it. St Croix stoves can be tricky to clean internally but with my Prescott I do this every 2 months or so. Never needs internal ash trap door cleaning.

leaf blower will solve your problem