St croix lighting issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ajdeereman

Oct 25, 2021
USA
I am having issues with start up with my auburn stove I have had this stove for 11 years and just recently I have had issues. I can put pellets and gel in a light it and start the stove and when I come back the stove has gone out and has unburnt corn in the pot. I can the light the stove all over again and it will take off and run fine for days with no issues. I have taken the stove apart numerous times and cleaned it with no luck.

I suspect your Proof of Fire sensor. If your stove is laid out like mine, there is a snap switch on the exhaust housing for the combustion fan. It may be loose from the housing, defective, dirty, or have loose connections. If the control doesn't see that there is a fire, it will shut the stove down. That's the way my Afton Bay works; your mileage may vary...