St Croix Prescott ( new) / Skytech 3301p .....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catfishjack

Sep 11, 2008
Northern NY
I just received my Skytech 3301P thermostat /spent 30 minutes programming it and hooked it to my stove..The stove fired up right away but it would not respond to any command from the thermostat including "off"..neither in T mode or in SmartStat mode..anyone tried a Skytech on their St Croix stove..it's only 2 wires..no rocket science there...
Thanks

I use the cheapo thermostat that came with my stove and I have
to turn the thermostat to off, then hit the off button on the stove
and then it goes into shut down mode.

thanks..your reply is appreciated. I just hooked up the "cheapo thermostat that came with my stove" and am tryin git on Smart-Stat...will it shut down to low after it hits the set room temperature and then shut off if heat is not called for??

I have a st croix afton bay and have it hooked to a programmable t-stat. I have no issues with it at all, it shuts down and turns on as needed to heat. I don't have to do any thing but watch, clean and add pellets. The remote should work just fine. Do you have the wires hooked up correctly?.

Catfishjack said:
thanks..your reply is appreciated. I just hooked up the "cheapo thermostat that came with my stove" and am tryin git on Smart-Stat...will it shut down to low after it hits the set room temperature and then shut off if heat is not called for??

The stove in smartstat mode will go to low after heat setting is reached the stay at low for 1 hour and if no heat is called for during the hour the stove will shut itself down until heat again is called for. I did not like the t-stat that came with the stove so i bought a programmable one at home depot and i now use that and it works great.

I got the 3301p also on my St. Croix Hastings. It just came in the mail this week, but I have yet been able to get it to turn the stove on. Not sure what's going on. I think it's something with my jumpers. I left a message with St. Croix tech support, but haven't heard back yet.

Well I have learned a few things.. First of all it works just fine but this is what I have noted. I have a St Croix Prescott. Last night I hooked up the El Cheapo plastic unit that the dealer bequeathed me upon his departure from my home..I put my stove selector to
Smart Stat , turned up the thermostat and it came on..when the temperature reached the thermostat set mark the stove went into low and turned itself off an hour later..I had expected the heat Min & Max LED lights on the digital controller to change ( when it went from medium to high) but they don't and I think that is what confused me to begin with that it ( the Skytech) wasn't working properly...

I reinstalled the Skytech 3301P that I had programed.
The stove went through the Evening cycle, then into the night cycle ( set back) and this morning it went into the Morning cycle and my home was warm at 5:30 AM...

Hope this helps someone else with thermostat questions on their St Croix..now if I could just get my dealer to come back and replace the Versa Grate motor on my stove ...as it is louder than the fan????

I have an older model of the St Croix so it doesn't have the switch to change it to smart stat and back. With my unit, I actually have to take the cover off the control unit and make changes to the jumpers. But according to the manual, the stove is set up in smart stat thermostat mode to begin with. My stove works fine manually, but the skytech doesn't seem to control it at all. I really need to get a hold of St. Croix support.

I had to contact them once a few weeks ago and they got back to me within 24 hours..which in Today's business atmosphere I believe is good...

Good Luck ...it will work out... I'm sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.