Stacks of 3 or one long one?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jotel me this

Feeling the Heat
Sep 21, 2018
Pennsylvania
I have a full cord im stacking. i could either do one super long row (i have the room) or do the pallet method of 3 facecords in front of each other.

is there any substantial benefit for drying the wood in one long row? when you stack them in front of each other, do they hinder drying by blocking wind?

:p

One row for sure.....for the exact reasons you asked in your questions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jotel me this
I have a full cord im stacking. i could either do one super long row (i have the room) or do the pallet method of 3 facecords in front of each other.

is there any substantial benefit for drying the wood in one long row? when you stack them in front of each other, do they hinder drying by blocking wind?

:p
Stacking single row will absolutly dry faster. It allows more airflow and sun exposure

Reactions: Jotel me this
anyone know if theres a machine that autostacks wood in piles? like a huge hopper. you load a ton of wood, it shakes the wood down and then piles it into rows.

if not.. the person who comes up with this would be rich.

I really can't say, as per my avatar pic I've been running in circles the past few years. :)