Standing copper water heater - how to hook up? how to use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

King Kineo

Jan 21, 2018
Hampden, Maine
Howdy - This morning I picked up this gorgeous copper water heater for a very fair price. I've been looking for one for a few years to keep company with my refurbished King Kineo stove made by Nutter and Noyes back in the teens. there is a box on the back of the stove that I'm told is designed to put a coil of copper in to heat the water for one of these water heaters.
Does anyone have any advice or source for information on how these water heaters were plumbed and utilized? There's several bungs and what goes where currently eludes me. I'm sure there will be some minor repairs along the way, but until I have some solid information this copper tank will just have to be a mighty purdy conversation piece. Thanks for reading and your time.

king-kineo-with-copper.jpg

That's called a range boiler. I have one in my house, albeit made of stainless steel and mounted 8' above my cookstove in an attic space.

At the above link you will find tons of information about heating water with a cookstove.