Standing Tall!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This big maple is up in the same area I cut the "Long Bar Cherry" it made it through the storm on Tuesday, I'm glad.

A few more pics of some storm damage done in the same area the big maples in, a couple are in a different area.

Attachments

• Standing Tall!
    100_7321.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Standing Tall!
    100_7322.JPG
    250.7 KB · Views: 109
  • Standing Tall!
    100_7323.JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Standing Tall!
    100_7327.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 107
  • Standing Tall!
    100_7328.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 111
Zap, how many cords do you have C/ S/ S already?

KC

Glad that big girl made it through the storm, Zap. That'd be a great tree to tap for syrup....several jugs could be put on that tree...
You've got your hands full. Take your time, don't overdo it. You may want to consider putting some of that stuff up for sale after you C/S/S it......so it doesn't 'rot' in your stacks. You have to be good through about 2020, right!;lol

If I was closer, I'd be up there helping you bro.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Zap, how many cords do you have C/ S/ S already?

KC
I'm not really sure KC, this is a guess but I would say 6 years up, a chit load to cut & split. I took another walk today in a area that's blocked off by a downed top of a Maple, we have more downed Maple in that area, more in another area I walked to.

Glad that big girl made it through the storm, Zap. That'd be a great tree to tap for syrup....several jugs could be put on that tree...
You've got your hands full. Take your time, don't overdo it. You may want to consider putting some of that stuff up for sale after you C/S/S it......so it doesn't 'rot' in your stacks. You have to be good through about 2020, right!;lol

If I was closer, I'd be up there helping you bro.
I was thinking today what to do with all the downed wood, then it came to me, increase our burn rate!;) I always hoarded the better wood but this winter we'll burn more of it.

I did one Cherry today then opened up two more trails, that's when I started finding more Maple, I gotta stop doing that. You would like working back on the Woodlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.