Steam coming from liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guest5234

Have just pulled in my new liner and have just got it out of chimney stack before I fit a cowl and chimney pot....great fire going and what looks like wisps pf steam coming out of liner, it is not smoke but whats looks like white steam....is this normal...wood is 18% or lower moisture.

That is how it will look on a cold day with the newer cleaner burning stoves. Or at least mine is the same way as you describe.

Even at 18% the moisture needs to be boiled off. It occurs during the first part of the burn cycle. After about 20 minutes there should just be heat waves showing at the pipe.

How's the secondary burn now?

BeGreen said:
Even at 18% the moisture needs to be boiled off. It occurs during the first part of the burn cycle. After about 20 minutes there should just be heat waves showing at the pipe.

How's the secondary burn now?

Very good Sir, took the tip and the secondary burn is making my reload every 2 hours instead of every hour.....thanks.

Welcome to wood heating! There will be a lot of "a ha" moments. You will be comfortable in no time!

Status
Not open for further replies.