stihl 044

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
044 It is. I have a Poulan Pro 2150 and that is 34cc, I think. Im not getting rid of it as it works great for yard clean up. Just no power for what I now want to do. As im new to heating with wood and getting log loads. Some with "Big" logs! Plus my dad wants me to take down a 40" oak this summer if I have it in me!!!!!!

Keep searching. When you get a good deal on a 660, pick that up and I'll swap you out for my 440:cool:

Grab the big saw & dont look back.You never hear of someone saying 'Hmmmmm maybe I dont need something quite that big...." Its always "I wish I had a bigger saw to finish the job quicker & easier..." instead. You already have a saw for smaller jobs/limbing,now complete the set. ;)

Reactions: surviverguy
Well I know have a 044. Now I just need something to cut.

Anything that I need to know about this saw? Easy way to start it? Or anything that you may know that I should know??

BTW it is a nice saw..... I will post some pics latter.

Keep searching. When you get a good deal on a 660, pick that up and I'll swap you out for my 440:cool:

He had a 064.... It had a big bore kit on it. He said it was better then a stock 066.

Put the lever all the way down, pull till it burps,put lever up one notch, pull it like it owes you money till it starts, blip the trigger to take high idle off, cut wood. when warm lever dowd one notch pull over to TDC then pull it like it owes you more money,cut more wood.

Reactions: surviverguy
Status
Not open for further replies.