Stihl 291

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

irishfan

Oct 9, 2014
Southern Michigan
Hi,

I have a stihl 291 and wanted to do some general maintenance on it. Fuel filter, spark plug, air filter. Was wondering if anyone had a good website where they order parts from? Also, any other maintenance items i should replace. The saw is about 4 years old and I cut probably 4 cords of wood a year with it.

Thanks.

If you want new OEM, you generally must visit a dealer. Stihl doesn't allow online sales but you might find a site that slips through. Aftermarket parts for Stihl - hundreds of sites. Search Stihl 291 parts.

If you want new OEM, you generally must visit a dealer. Stihl doesn't allow online sales but you might find a site that slips through. Aftermarket parts for Stihl - hundreds of sites. Search Stihl 291 parts.
Thanks. Anyone have any problem with the aftermarket parts or should I just pony up the dough and get the OEM?

Don't know the 291 air fliters. Plugs are NGK BPMR7A or Champion RCJY7 or Bosch WSR6F. Which plug is best? Would be a 200 post thread on the best and worst with wailing and gnashing of teeth. I rarely change plugs in routine maintenance - I examine and clean, note the spark. I use NGK or Champion. Fuel pickup - any proper diameter nipple one should work.

personally I'd cough up the extra dough, I mean you do use it a pretty decent amount.

I get everything from the guy in town, because if I didnt he wouldn't be there 10 minutes away

Check Ebay....I often get OEM items there......aside from that visit your local dealer.