Stihl 441

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TJ1

Burning Hunk
Jan 12, 2015
Tennessee
My 441 doesnt seem like its using enough bar oil, less than half tank per tank of fuel. I went to adjust it and can not find the adjustment screw. Manual says it is underneath. I found a diagram underneath showing how to adjust the screw, but no screw.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really want to find this screw, lol. I did pull off the plastic piece showing the diagram only to find nothing underneath and now the piece can be put back on as I had to tear it off. But no biggie as there isnt anything important under it.

441 oiler hole.jpg

Reactions: D8Chumley
I have a 441 as well. The adjusting screw is there. Its hard to see. It also requires a small flat screwdriver to adjust. The little orange stihl screwdriver works perfect.

I looked for 15 minutes and still cant find it. Would it be possible to post a photo of the location?
Thank you

Maybe you need to blow off the bottom with compressed air. It's recessed near the middle of the case closer to the one edge. Mine has increasing round arrow around the top half with an "E" in the middle. When you find it, turn it to the right.

If yours doesn't have one, that would be weird for a 441, as it's a pro saw. I think you're just missing it as the access hole might be clogged with debris.

One photo shows the plastic covering in place that shows how to adjust the screw. After prying off the plate (that wasnt suppposed to come off as I had to tear it off) there isnt anything under the plate either
saw1.jpg
saw2.jpg

saw2-jpg.196278.jpg
What is that screw just ::DT in the square notch out?

When i get home i will take a picture. Its by the cover you took off. You dont go straight into it. You have to angle your screwdriver into it.

Attachments

• 20170320_120214.jpg
    20170320_120214.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: D8Chumley