Stihl Flippy-Cap lids

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Damn, Wolfie! Hate to see ya in a bind like that! I'll help ya out and take that 660 of yer hands so your chaps don't dry up :cheese:

Thanks for the kind offer! But, I guess I will just have to manually dump a pint of bar oil on my chaps every now and again to feel "slick", or else rely on the little guys to take care of that task from time to time (MS200 or MS250.) :lol:

I'm shocked, the MS660 actually does not come with Flippy Caps! I thought this wondrous innovation had flowed through all of Stihl's modern product line. I "requested" the saw, sight unseen based on my experience with my friend's 066, and just assumed it would come with flippies.

I'm looking forward to playing with the MS660... It should be here by early next week!

Guess I was not paying attention...

Standard Features:

* IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor
* Decompression valve
* Fuel and oil caps with retainers

etc. etc...

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/MS660.html

Although they list the flippy caps as one of their common to all saws features:

http://www.stihlusa.com/chainsaws/features.html

As per our local Stihl rep. Stihl actually admitted to having a prob with the flippy caps, & redesigned them. Take them to your dealer, & stihl will warranty the caps. The new ones do seem to be a little easier to line up on the first try. A C

Wow! I will call our dealer in the morning. Hope the new caps are a lot better than the old ones. Our MS 360 allows bar oil to run out thru the oiling channels. Makes a mess where ever it sits. Anybody know a fix for that problem?
Thanks
Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.