Stone application

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamoose

Hearth Supporter
Jan 9, 2009
Eastern Canada
I've been wanting to reface my fireplace and I didn't want to use artificial stone, I came accross a site that has real stone that goes on near the same way as artificial. Thought you guys might like to know about it, I did a lot of digging to find it. website is http://www.cutriverock.com

here's some bread and velveta to go with that SPAM

Cement presumably. Same deal as those little cheater edgers I used on my hearth...they're a bunch of river rocks cut flat on one side to a more or less uniform thickness and then epoxied to a standard 3X12 backer that you cna lay down over cement.

Wow - a real stone venir - that's so amazingly brand new - you must have looked so hard to find it - oh no wait it's available at almost every stone yard in the world and there are dozens of manufacturers and hundreds of suppliers...so why would you post this...hmmmm...

Could they put a little stone in with the mortar? YUCK
Use real stone and do it right!

Got Wood said:
Could they put a little stone in with the mortar? YUCK
Use real stone and do it right!

For the record, I'm with you.

But if you are going to use a venir at least lay the dayum stuff up like it could feasably be supporting itself and the structure above. It looks like they covered a wall in portland and threw rocks at it.

you mean y'all actually clicked on the link? Do you click on the links in emails that promise nude pics of famous actresses, too? Don't support SPAMMING wieners.

Danno77 said:
Do you click on the links in emails that promise nude pics of famous actresses, too?

ahem...no....ahem....of course not....ahem

Wait which actresses? What's the link again? Hold on where do I sign up?

Status
Not open for further replies.