Stop me before I do something bad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....didn't happen today. I got them mated together. Each length had 4 screw holes in the connector. I doubled that. I ovalized it and It turned out pretty good. BUT... my big ladder is no longer servicable. It's just not safe. I tried putting one of my 24's to the lower edge of the roof and scrambling up but the pitch is more than 45 degrees so I decided I need to regroup on this one. 36 and 40 foot ladders are freaking expensive ...but I can do that or hire a local handyman to come over and help. Either way it's more cash before I'm done. I'll jump on this tomorrow so I can get it set up. I am comfortable with the joined sections so I guess things turned out ok.

This is why it is best to pay a little more and buy local.

hearthtools said:
This is why it is best to pay a little more and buy local.

This can be true, but I can attest to the problem I had buying a liner locally. NO ONE would sell me one! They said it was too much liability on their end. What liability? Basically, if you wanted one locally, you had to have it installed by them as well. Unfortunately the cheapest quote I got was $1,400! Thank god for Ebay!

Status
Not open for further replies.