Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Team Badger

Sep 15, 2017
MN
IMG_0371.JPG This stove came with the house I bought 30 years ago anybody know what it is?

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably KTJ302

That's the one! I found the manual for it on their website. I just painted it with 3 coats of high heat paint. Is the paint job going to hold up? Does anyone out there have experience with that?

Three coats? Usually a single coat is best. I'd burn outside because that much paint it really going to put off some nasty smoke, chemicals and stink.

Burn it low and slow for a few hours. The paint should start to color change from center of top and radiate outward.

After that, I'd run it a bit hotter for a few hours...then let it rip. If it's going to fail, letting it off gas outside will make the pain a little less troubling.

I just wanted it to look good. Wished I had found this forum a few weeks ago. I hadn't considered the fumes. I appreciate the tips. Found also this stove isn't "approved", so I can't buy ,sell or trade it. Kinda funny ,it's worked great for many years.