Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
Who can ID this stove?

7f9a93327a1747b2a22d08f57ea286e8.jpg 1f2eed2a7e7741b6b082d538f59e648e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a Vermont Castings Aspen.

How'd they scrape the paint off the cookplate without using it?

That looks like an awesome backyard stove! Glass door + cookplate. I'd offer him $50, get $25 back from the scrapyard after it rusts out.

It’s not a cook plate like other stoves, just a rim in the casting to look like one. The stove won’t get hot enough to do any cooking on. It’s a very flawed design. Above the firebrick baffle there is only 1”. And the baffle goes about 1” from the front of the stove. This prevents the stove from drafting enough to actually get up to temp in a reasonable amount of time, if ever..
The only way to access the area above the baffle/flue collar is to remove the top. After some time the threads in the top strip out, since the top needs removed every time it’s cleaned. I service a few each season and a buddy of mine had one for a few seasons, none of these that I’ve had my hands on would perform well. I would pass!
It’s probably only worth about $15 for scrap metal;)

Yes, it was never a very popular stove. Tried to compete with Morso and Jotul, but they do it better. It might be a good heater for a tiny house that needs low btu output.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink