Stove identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thor5551

Jul 18, 2020
Any thoughts on what this stove might be? The guy I got it from said it was a Blaze King but I can't find any evidence to support that.

Attachments

• IMG_7912.jpeg
    IMG_7912.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 579
Not ours.

BKVP

I picked it up from a local guy. He didn’t have any info on it but I was starting to think it is a custom job. I can’t find any identifying info on it. It’s built like a tank though.

My guess is that it will use as much fuel as a tank too.

My guess is that it will use as much fuel as a tank too.
Oh no! You think it’s a dud? I obviously don’t know much about them. I didn’t pay much so I wouldn’t be too torn up if it’s a bust. And it’s just to heat my workshop.

Does it have firebrick lining the inside and a baffle? That will help a bit, but a modern stove will do better.

Thanks so much for the tips! It has fire bricks but no baffle. My friend actually suggested the baffle so something I’ll look into retro fitting perhaps.

That is either an early Wonder Warm or a homemade replica of one.

Try googling Wonder Warm or Dunham Lehr who I think owned the rights to Wonder Warm name. These stoves were built in Richmond, Indiana and my neighbor has two of them.

I understand this is an old post, but this looks identical to my stove that I was just trying to identify. I got to this thread through a Google image search, and they really look the same. My grandfather installed this one, but he has now passed and I don't have any other details. Were you ever able to find information on yours?

20221220_102812.jpg

See post #10 for information on that stove. That stove with the flat doors is also an early one.

You may find a manual for it on this forum if you use the search function.

That stove has popped up here several times over the years and I have never seen anything definitive as to the manufacturer. My parents still have one although it has been regulated to the barn now. There is no tag or name anywhere on it. I am certain they were factory made. There must have been a dealer in Northern AZ as I have seen numerous homes with the same stove in the same area but non have had tags. I would guess my parents installed it in the mid 70s sometime.

Very likely. There are two tags, the first for safety test clearances and the second the emissions test certification. Actual safety labels preceeded emissions labels by decades. Emissions test labels began in 1984, with the state of Oregon.

In 1988 EPA started requirements for emissions testing and labeling. EPA permits manufacturers to combine labels, so long as minimum size of font and dimensions are observed.

You're probably correct about the SW connection to the manufacturing. Fabco built stoves in Eagle Idaho. They are everywhere in Southern Idaho, Nevada and Northern California. One consideration is if the manufacturer had a aggressive distributor or dealer, that could really make a difference.

The safety label should (if there is a safety label) have the test report number is small font. That number can be used to reverse lookup the manufacturer.

Merry Christmas all...
BKVP

It’s an early Wonder Warm by Dunham Lier made in Richmond, Indiana 30 minutes from my house. If it isn’t a Wonder Warm, then it is a copy someone home built or a copy some manufacturer tried to copy.