Stove pipe/ductwork crimper.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWood

Minister of Fire
Aug 14, 2007
Arrow Bridge,NY
I just had one of these things given to me by a buddy that moved to Florida. What an amazing tool!
I recently moved my furnace and needed to make some new stove pipe, set this heavy bastage up on my work bench and wipped out some custom crimped pipe in seconds. WOW! Ever get a chance at one of these at an auction or sale grab it.

HalfwittingLEE said:
I just had one of these things given to me by a buddy that moved to Florida. What an amazing tool!
I recently moved my furnace and needed to make some new stove pipe, set this heavy bastage up on my work bench and wipped out some custom crimped pipe in seconds. WOW! Ever get a chance at one of these at an auction or sale grab it.

Us want sum PIKTURS!!! :coolgrin:

I have seen the hand held plier style crimpers that you can get at different places, including Harbor Freight, but I wouldn't consider them an ideal solution... They are better than doing something by really crude hand methods, but I'd hardly consider the crimps made that way very good; certainly nothing like the quality of a factory crimp... However it sounds like you are talking about some other sort of device that would work better.

Gooserider

Here it is , envy me and weep!!!!!

Attachments

• crimper1.JPG
    crimper1.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 642
HalfwittingLEE said:

Yup, definitely looks like an object worthy of envy...

Gooserider

Wow , that's a quality commercial-grade looking tool right there. If you ever move to Florida, I'll take it off your hands. Trade ya some fresh Salmon or King Crab.

I had a pair of the hand crimpers once. I use it one time. Notice I said "I had" a pair. Not worth a hoot.

ok guys
right tool for the right job
i'm thinking that those hand crimpers are for this thinner dryer vent pipe
and mine worked pretty well on that
now that big mamoo would be for the heavy stove pipe............
imo
rn

I've used one similar to that except it also formed a bead. Slicker'n snot.

HalfwittingLEE said:

Good idear chaining that "Bad Boy" down so it can't get away.
Looks like it can also double as a nut cracker.
2 for the price of 1!
Nice score

Status
Not open for further replies.