Stove Pipe ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oconnor said:
I understand that sometimes we need to make do with what we have, but I would not light anything in that stove until you have a proper flu installed, straight up. I would hate to see you lose your building and contents, let alone get hurt.

Weather changed on me while I was changing my mind twenty times on how to rearrange things, so by the time I got to the flashing there was too much ice on that tin roof for me to relish the idea of crawling around up there [I did make the primary cut from the inside, but want to mark the flashing while in plac]. So, figuring I'll play with them all at once I haven't downloaded my pictures yet. Instead, looked all over for my 4" grinder cutting wheels too, finally went to bed, figuring it would be a while this morning before anything melted anyway. Still can't find them, may have to go to town, but then I'll need to find about 10 other items to make the trip worth it! ;-)

Anyway..... I centered the stove under the next set of rafters away from the wall - now I have 30 inches to both walls - still a bit close for specs [and those shelves are wood, but they can come out or get heat sheild], but should be well in spec after some heat sheilding. I'll have to pull out that bench on the right, but it was rather nasty anyway; probably should cut out some of the one on the left too, but I'll see what kind of specs I can find on heat sheilding first.

It now is a single straight run - should be quite easy to drop a chimney brush through. 32" of 6" black pipe, an elbow set straight (just for ease of minor misalignment which turned out very minimal it at all with a little patience on the plumb bob), 36" black with a damper, Selkirk ceiling kit, pipe adaptor, attic sheild, three 3ft lengths of chimney pipe, flashing, storm collar, and rain cap.

If the weather cooperates just a bit think I'm there! Thanks everyone! Hopefully picures soon.

Oh, I called the insurance agent,.... "Should be fine, just make sure you have the right ceiling or wall kit" ..... "Oh, you're putting in chimney pipe, nahhh, we won't even need pictures." Of course, I believe he has a stove in both his house and detached garage, so I wasn't suspecting any fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.