Stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctynch

Jan 21, 2019
I have a king wood stove model 2016eb, fire burns slow until I fluff up the logs,will a grate help me get better air around the wood for a better flame?

I have a king wood stove model 2016eb, fire burns slow until I fluff up the logs,will a grate help me get better air around the wood for a better flame?
No grates don't belong in stoves. Especially in a stove with no control at all that could easily overfire

Check your wood moisture content, take a room temp piece, re split it and test with a meter, should be 20% or below. Check you chimney cap and make sure it isn't starting to get clogged, a clog will slow draft down causing a slower more mute burn.

Reactions: tickbitty