Stove reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Trey1979

Feeling the Heat
Sep 20, 2018
Mississippi
I was looking at the drolet Facebook page and seen quiet a few bad reviews. Apon buying my ht2000 i looked at all kinds of reviews and couldn't find but maybe one bad review. It necessarily wasn't a certain model i dont guess. Several were aboout the product and some about customer service. My stove seems great. I gave a positive review but have yet to deal with customer service

often have to take reviews with a grain of salt as they can be very much subjective and the sample size too small and usually bent toward the negative. for all youd know the complaints were from individuals who had no clue what they were doing and foolishly blamed the stoves. :eek: i usually start paying more attention when consensus is formed on a particular issue.

Reactions: Mech e
What k-mac said. Drolet and Century, both made by SBI, are sold in Box Stores and online and typically sold to the ill informed. My SBI Century works great. Spoke with SBI both pre and post sales many times. They were always available and nice. They sent me an engineering diagram of the stove bottom to show me where the the secondary air inlets were prior to purchase. They also mailed paint and a few bricks as some were cracked and the stove was scratched during shipment.

Maybe the complaints are legit, maybe not. That's the thing about reviews nowadays, have to do your own research. Very easy for a bunch of fake ones to be posted if they aren't verified. Facebook is probably the last place I'd look for reviews on a product of any kind.

Reactions: Mech e
I think you run the risk of adverse selection too. Ticked off people are more likely to make noise than happy ones.

I've bought 2 stoves from box stores. Neither one asked me a question about wood on hand, chimney, etc. I doubt I had a unique experience. This undoubtedly leads to bad reviews.

Reactions: K-Mac
Maybe the complaints are legit, maybe not. That's the thing about reviews nowadays, have to do your own research. Very easy for a bunch of fake ones to be posted if they aren't verified. Facebook is probably the last place I'd look for reviews on a product of any kind.
My year long research told me that sbi was a very good company thats why i was shocked to see the bad reviews.i trust everything i read and learned on this site some real professional opinions is whats was so helpful.and they dont get paid to give there advice eather so i feel the information i received was all genuine.

I think you run the risk of adverse selection too. Ticked off people are more likely to make noise than happy ones.

I've bought 2 stoves from box stores. Neither one asked me a question about wood on hand, chimney, etc. I doubt I had a unique experience. This undoubtedly leads to bad reviews.
So true

The Facebook reviews are all over the place. Some are for fireplace products and pellet stoves. Some of the poor reviews are missing any details so it is hard to take them too seriously. That said, the HT2000 reviews were very positive as were other woodstove reviews.

The Facebook reviews are all over the place. Some are for fireplace products and pellet stoves. Some of the poor reviews are missing any details so it is hard to take them too seriously. That said, the HT2000 reviews were very positive as were other woodstove reviews.
Yea the ht2000 is built like a tank my porch boards were cracking from the dolly wheels thought for a second it was going to fall through