Stove with Liberty Bell on door ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave404

Dec 10, 2012
is this an older Englander ? what would be the value ? where can i find any info on it,

Attachments

• liberty.jpg
    liberty.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 4,249
  • liberty 2.jpg
    liberty 2.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,686
I hauled a stove off that was identical except the door. Mine was a Sears&Robuck. I would say it is a mass produced stove many different companies could get with their name on the door. I would put it's value at near scrap value, sorry. It would be ok for some quick heat in a shop or something.

Did we ever figure out what one of these is worth?

I have one sitting in my shop that a coworker wants to purchase of me.

How much should I ask for it?

Depends on who made it and the current condition. If a decently made older stove like this one $100-150 if it is in good condition, no cracks or signs of overfiring. If it is a cheap, newer Volgelzang or similar box stove then $50. If cracked, scrap it.

Status
Not open for further replies.