stovepipe brush recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalinky

Hearth Supporter
Dec 7, 2009
Ohio
We just got a new PE Super 27, which has a 6" pipe. Our old stove's pipe was 8", so we had to order a new brush. Upon reading the box of the new 6" wire brush, I see that it is recommended to use a poly brush for stovepipe, rather than a wire brush. What recommendations do you pro's have? And where can I get what I need?

Well I'm no pro, but I bought my 6 inch poly brush and rods from www.northlineexpress.com and I've been very happy with the quality and speed of service.

There is a really neat flexible and power drill driven
brush from Northlineexpress. I clean from the bottom
up in midwinter because of snow on the roof.

With replaceable plastic tips too.

It is my favorite!

I'm new to burning this year and have cleaned the chimney after the first 1-1/2 months of burning to see how it looked. I have a 6" liner and brush but I couldn't get it through the ovalized section at the damper.

Is there a special brush to get through this smaller section? Or do I have to buy a smaller brush?

Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.