Strange looking Simpson Damper??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyNoMore

Dec 15, 2009
WA state
Okay, finally started opening up the boxes of parts for the chimney install and am not sure if I got a defective DVL Adapter/Damper (#8679). The damper plate is scrunched up on one side of the pipe section and the handle looks tweaked (see pix). I called the guy at the shop and he didn't know if that is the way it is supposed to be. I called Simpson tech support and the lone guy is out for the day. All I know is that it doesn't look at all like the picture on the box or in the catalog:
http://www.northlineexpress.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=5SP-8679

So, has anyone else put one of these in? What should it look like? I don't want to get everything set up only to find out that I have a bum part. Thanks as always for your help!

Attachments

• Chimney 006 (Medium).jpg
    Chimney 006 (Medium).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Chimney 004 (Medium).jpg
    Chimney 004 (Medium).jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.