Strong, Me. mill

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Anybody know if the mill is back up and running??????????

I was just in Strong the other day, and ate lunch at the dinner accross the street. The lady at the dinner told us they are rebuilding it, and plan to have it back online this year. The building looked bad, but who knows, it can happen.

My son told me he heard they were opening back up this year as well....he had heard it on the news.

jsph said:
I was just in Strong the other day, and ate lunch at the dinner accross the street. The lady at the dinner told us they are rebuilding it, and plan to have it back online this year. The building looked bad, but who knows, it can happen.

We live only a few miles from the mill. Although they are slowly rebuilding it doesn’t look like much yet. Here is a pic I took the other day.

Attachments

• 100_1519b.jpg
    100_1519b.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 280
Talked to an engineer that has done some work for them a couple weeks ago. He said the Insurance Company had not settled yet, so I guess that’s what’s holding things up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.