Stuck wheels and adjusting stuck brake adjusters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Isaac Carlson

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2012
NW Wisconsin
I had to fix 4 stuck wheels on two trailers today. (Each one had two stuck wheels) The linings were pushed against the drums because there was rust between the shoes and the lining. I got all four turning again and will need to go through the brakes, but at least the trailers can move.
I have been using a small utility trailer for several years, so the bigger trailers have been sitting and the brakes rusted up. Doesn't help that they get parked along the driveway and I piled snow on them after a blizzard a couple of years ago. Here is an easy way to get brake adjusters to move when they don't want to.