Suggestions for a new fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PFD279

Feb 20, 2016
South Portland Maine
I have a Kedal pellet boiler. Its directly below my spare bedroom. I'm trying to wall off the roof and sound proof it. I've moved the compressor to the other side of the basement and put it in a soundproof-ish closet. The next big noise culprit is the fan that moves the air up the chimney. Any suggestions for a replacement or a way to quiet it? In the picture below its the part attached to the pipe venting to the chimney.

thanks

Josh

Attachments

• IMG_9986.JPG
    IMG_9986.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 200
Moving to boiler section

No experience here with a Kedel, or any pellet boiler for that matter - but was that professionally installed?

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a draft inducer setup before that had a barometric damper between it & the appliance.

(Doesn't exactly answer your question...)

No experience here with a Kedel, or any pellet boiler for that matter - but was that professionally installed?

I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen a draft inducer setup before that had a barometric damper between it & the appliance.

(Doesn't exactly answer your question...)

I have seen that set up before. Not going into a chimney though, or on a solid fuel unit. Then again I have never seen a pellet appliance have such large of a flue. I also question the install.

I have seen that set up before. Not going into a chimney though, or on a solid fuel unit. Then again I have never seen a pellet appliance have such large of a flue. I also question the install.

Just seems odd, seeing one device to increase draft (inducer), with another one to limit draft (barometric damper) just upstream of it. But I don't really know.

Reactions: laynes69
Just seems odd, seeing one device to increase draft (inducer), with another one to limit draft (barometric damper) just upstream of it. But I don't really know.

That scenario would be direct venting outside, you need velocity to push the high heat away from the house. But still need proper draft/pressure at the heating appliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.