Suggestions on Free Standing Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NJJOE345

May 18, 2020
NJ
Hello guys I am building a new home this upcoming year and am looking for some suggestions on a new freestanding stove. The home will just over 4,000 sq feet. In the living "great" room I have decided on an FPX 44 for both looks, size, and efficiency. On days we don't use that or on extremely cold days i am looking for a freestander. The stove will be located on the other side of the house and will be heating the kitchen, sunroom, and dining areas. Looking for a non cat larger stove. I have a Fisher grandpa bear in the house I live in now but it is extremely inefficient as much as I love it. I plan on moving it to the new house and installing it in the barn. Let me see some pics and hear some suggestions!

Thank You
Joe

How large is the kitchen, sunroom, and dining area? Does this area have a large opening into any other area or stairwell? How high are the ceilings?

This side of the house will roughly be 2,000 sq ft and is a very open concept with not many walls. Dining area, kitchen, sunroom are basically wide open leading in from a mud room and laundry room. All bedrooms are on total opposite side of house. It will be a ranch style home. The ceilings will be ten feet

If the sunroom has a lot of glazing then look at stoves in the 2.5 to 3.0 cu ft range. There are several depending on the style of stove desired.

Reactions: NJJOE345
It looks like Pacific energy has some nice looking stoves as well as Quadrafire. Both in the 2.5-3.0 cu ft range.