Summer Scores! Before Very Hot weather sets in!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zzr7ky

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jun 12, 2006
Hi -

I've been enjoying a couple months off. However I was prodded to action this week. I scored a nearby Ash which I thought was 12-14" but turned out to be 24-26" diameter.

I was a bit concerned with space to drop it, but the weather was perfect and owner was not concerned about potential damage to a nearby small tree so down it came....

Right on the money, the top of the main trunk about 1 1/2 feet from the 'target' stake I put out at about 50'!

Whilst cutting up the booty the lady next door asked if I'd cut another for her... Both homeowners insisted on clearing and disposing of the brush... We stacked it neatly.

I'll be splitting all next week. I'd like to lay off in the hottest part of Summer.

ATB,
Mike P

Good score. I just got a 22" black walnut the same way about a week ago. BW is not my favorite burning wood, but it creates heat. (lots of ash too).

great score. don't remind me how far behind i am. i have 3 cords for next, but i have 8-9 down, some bucked some not that me and my buddy need to get out. i've been so slammed with work i just dont have the time to get to it. urgh

SCFA said:
great score. don't remind me how far behind i am. i have 3 cords for next, but i have 8-9 down, some bucked some not that me and my buddy need to get out. i've been so slammed with work i just dont have the time to get to it. urgh

SCFA,

Are you spamming and advertising with that URL at the bottom of your comment....?

do a search on my posts if you don't feel i have been adding relevant posts report them. this post and your's is a waste of the forums time. pm me in the future or talk to craig if you have issues.

Trolling... maybe, but that website sure is a dog. Takes forever to load a page.

SCFA said:
do a search on my posts if you don't feel i have been adding relevant posts report them. this post and your's is a waste of the forums time. pm me in the future or talk to craig if you have issues.

SCFA said:

Let's not "search for the guilty (you who put in the link) and punish the innocent (me who brought your spam to the attention of others)". All I asked is "if you're spamming"????? Forget how much you've contributed or not.....the point is, why do you feel the need to add that link and therefore subject other forum members to it????

Status
Not open for further replies.