Summers heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Brian1971

Nov 19, 2017
Pa
Hello everyone, new here and had a question. Was wondering if anyone has a summers heat wood insert and how they like it .

Summer's Heat and Timber Ridge are re-badged Englanders, so posts for the Englander 13-nci should apply as well. Hover over forums at the top of the page and select search from the drop-down menu.

I went from a quadrafire that I used for about 10 years, To an englander 30 for not even 2 full seasons and the inside was warping and coming apart at the seams, and would eat wood like crazy. Tons of people all over the Internet swear by them so maybe I just had a run of bad luck? Who knows...just like with anything else, you get what you pay for. Make sure you do a ton of research on the positives and negatives. I will personally never buy an englander again.

I run my englander hard and nothing is coming apart. This product cost less than a third of other brand low end products so even if something did break I would be far ahead.

I liked the brand so much I bought their pellet grill too!

the inside was warping and coming apart at the seams,
Can you say overfired? Easy to blame a stove for user error.
Steel doesn't warp or blow out seams without being overheated in most cases. In other cases the manufacturer will warrant the stove, IF it was not overfired.
If it was eating wood, I bet the air intake was left wide open while burning.

Last edited:
I think some have had gasket issues. if you don't pay attention to the orange fires I had and run it that way certainly overfire.

I had some flat spotting in the gaskets, not sure from what but keeping that bottom area clean with a brush when cleaning ashes and kneeding that seal so it sticks out farther has taken care of the orange the first month into second or third now hasent returned

To an englander 30 for not even 2 full seasons and the inside was warping and coming apart at the seams, and would eat wood like crazy. Tons of people all over the Internet swear by them so maybe I just had a run of bad luck
1st and foremost check your door seals by putting in a dollar bill and pulling it out on all parts of the door, it should be tough to pull the dollar out with the door closed.
secondly if you have a "heavy draft" you can buy heavy duty farm magnets to block a portion of the secondary air intake to slow things down some. I hope these 2 things help you, because I am also a believer on the NC30