Summit 7 years in.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SKIN052

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 12, 2008
Appleton, Newfoundland
Still going strong.

1488574796725-1641505837.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: begreen and buc74
Coming to the end of season 9 on the Alderlea. Runs like new. Still on original firebrix too.

How big is the firebox on your Summit?

Has the firebox roof melted and fallen in?

Look at his pic. The roof has failed.

That would be the baffle & most likely an illusion/distortion of the picture taken through the glass. The baffle can have a slight warp (belly) & still be operating quite normally. The dark area across the top is the air-wash "deflector" across the front of the stove -- visible through the glass, especially at low angle viewing.

Oh dear! Are you sure? Maybe that's some kind of a cosmetic design element? (Doesn't really look that way though, does it.)

View attachment 195597

That's your baffle, and it's sagging quite badly, I'm 5 years in on mine and my baffle it starting to crack. They have a lifetime warranty, but good luck getting Pacific Energy to stand behind it. They'll claim over-fire.

That's your baffle, and it's sagging quite badly, I'm 5 years in on mine and my baffle it starting to crack. They have a lifetime warranty, but good luck getting Pacific Energy to stand behind it. They'll claim over-fire.
That's not sagging badly. These baffles will sag over time. No avoiding that. Does not affect performance. Whatever your reason for being salty, does not mean they won't back up the warranty.

That's not sagging badly. These baffles will sag over time. No avoiding that. Does not affect performance. Whatever your reason for being salty, does not mean they won't back up the warranty.

They denied mine even though it met their requirements for replacement, it had over 1/2" of deflection and was cracked. These are my dealers words not mine. He took a picture of it and sent it to them, they said no dice.

They denied mine even though it met their requirements for replacement, it had over 1/2" of deflection and was cracked. These are my dealers words not mine. He took a picture of it and sent it to them, they said no dice.
Did you ask the dealer for documentation of this in form of a letter from PE? Or did you just go by what the dealer said? Unfortunately, many dealers cannot be trusted.

Did you ask the dealer for documentation of this in form of a letter from PE? Or did you just go by what the dealer said? Unfortunately, many dealers cannot be trusted.

No but I'm going to bring it in again after the burning season it over, since it has gotten worse. If he tells me they said no again, I'll post to the list to see if i can get a rep involved.

You can also touch base with Tom at Chimneysweeponline. He may be able to help or give some good advise.

Thanks Hogz

Anytime. If you still hit a wall. let me know.

To answer Chuck's question......
It's 3.0 cubic ft - same as the T6, pretty sure they are the same firefox.

When I find my baffle on the firebox floor, I order a new one for my BIS II. They usually last 10 years or so, give or take. I am on my 3rd (orig plus 2 replacements) My last one came with angle iron to support the front, to protect the glass I guess. I never had an issue, but apparently somebody else must have.