Summit long term review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jimbob

Minister of Fire
Here's a link to an old thread on our wood stove.

We still run it that way, and it still works fine.
Only a few fine cracks in the baffle.

We installed a mini split heat pump a couple years ago, so we only need to run it when it's very cold outside. But when we use it, we generally load it up like that. 👍

Hey Jimbib, welcome back. Good to hear the Summit is still cooking and keeping you warm.

Reactions: Jimbob
Here's a link to an old thread on our wood stove.

We still run it that way, and it still works fine.
Only a few fine cracks in the baffle.

We installed a mini split heat pump a couple years ago, so we only need to run it when it's very cold outside. But when we use it, we generally load it up like that. 👍
That was a very entertaining thread! My baby PE Vista is too small to load that way 😂

Reactions: Jimbob
These stoves hold a lot of wood or a case of wine. ;lol

wine-in-stove-web.jpg

These stoves hold a lot of wood or a case of wine. ;lol

View attachment 311885
I’m actually going to do this after the stove and flue is cleaned early next month. Want to see how long before my wife realizes the wine! I can hear her say “ you got the idea from the Hearth Forum!”😊