Sunday afternoon research...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

keyman512us

Feb 27, 2007
North Worc. CTY MA
This Sunday I was out and about and, being a rather avid railfan I took a moment or two to see what was going on over in Union Square before I ventured over to 'gasoline alley' to fuel up and head out on the highway to venture Elks' way...

I always take a moment or two to look at anything with motors and hydraulics' (Hey Waht can I say...its' a guy thing).

Seeing as if you have some time, parts, and a little knowledge you might from time to time think of different ways to build a wood splitter... I can Imagine all the different ideas over the years...

Now most of the stuff GRS has to work on the railroad is "antiquated at best". You don't see to many new things, except for this nice little tie extractor/inserter:

Attachments

• IM003503wr.jpg
    IM003503wr.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 428
  • IM003506wr.jpg
    IM003506wr.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 413
  • IM003509wr.jpg
    IM003509wr.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 417
Wish I could find the link to the Ez Cord Splitter...

Whoever designed this splitter...probably did their research in a somewhat similiar manner.

Attachments

• ez2.bmp
    103.2 KB · Views: 415
  • ez1.bmp
    47.9 KB · Views: 383
Anyone (Perhaps our neighbors up north) ever seen one of these in action???

Think the claims are true...

Attachments

• ez4.bmp
    47.2 KB · Views: 381
  • ez8.bmp
    175.8 KB · Views: 366
What's your vote for the best design? Or most unique???

Let's get a discussion going Shall we??

Anyone have (info on) this model by any chance:

Attachments

• spl3wr.bmp
    202.6 KB · Views: 379
keyman512us said:

Whoever designed this splitter...probably did their research in a somewhat similiar manner.

I don't know - looks like a rather old design, sort of French, considered revolutionary, used for "height adjustment".... %-P

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
keyman512us said:

I don't know - looks like a rather old design, sort of French, considered revolutionary, used for "height adjustment".... %-P

Gooserider

Yeah maybe so, but the 'French' weren't smart enough to put a wedge on the front of the guilotine to split your skull at the same time (but this cutter/splitter) from Canada...is a different story.

Attachments

• ez5.bmp
    49.3 KB · Views: 304
I do like the different designs discussed her on the forum very much though.

Status
Not open for further replies.