SUPER CEDAR CUTTING SOLUTION (video)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THEMAN

Oct 22, 2009
CENTRAL CA
I have noticed countless queries as to how to cut a Super Cedar into 4 pieces, as well as many methods such as hitting it on edge of counter, knife, hatchet, circular saw ect. Then was the issue about the mess and how to keep all the pieces in one place. Well this is my solution. A patented Super Cedar Cutter. The video is self explanatory, but I will give a quick narrative. Take one Super Cedar place it over cutting device, apply downward pressure, rotate Super Cedar 90 degrees(right or left your choice), place it again over cutter applying downward pressure once more, and there you have it. One perfectly quartered Super Cedar with no mess. Thomas if your reading this these hi-tech patented cutters are ready for mass production at your beck and call.

oh yeah those aren't gang signs at the end I was trying to give the perfect sign but stage fright got me haha

U R THEMAN!

Good demo. I got a chuckle however....for a second it looked like that super ceder was gonna kick your butt! :lol:

mikepinto65 said:
Good demo. I got a chuckle however....for a second it looked like that super ceder was gonna kick your butt! :lol:
All kidding aside i like the rig

I'm holding out for the nexgen that won't require the quarter turn.

mikepinto65 said:

Thats funny that you mention that. I was wondering if anyone would catch that. I had the camera on the tripod in front of me to give a 1st person perspective and I didn't realize I had no leverage until I tried to break it. haha had to stand up in a hurry to get some added weight and leverage. I only had one Super Cedar left so no chance for a second take.

LLigetfa said:
I'm holding out for the nexgen that won't require the quarter turn.

I was actually going to make an elaborate one that would cut it all at once and with a lever similar to a can crusher,but I figured lets go with simple. I'll wait for the orders to come in before starting on the "nextgen" haha

Good idea, got a good laugh from the gang signs at the end.

Ron Popeil is gonna be all over this.

"Introducing the Ronco Cedar-O-Matic. It slices it dices..."

Vince and Slap Chop comes to mind.

Nice video THEMAN ! You inspired me ! I call my video, The Frugal Man. I cut my Super Cedar's into eighth's with a cleaver. Tip down and roll it back. It's not as neat and clean as your cool tool, but I get the job done. The (very patient) wife then puts all in a nice dish and pops it on the mantle. I find that's all I need to get a good fire going, one piece and some good seasoned hardwood, no kindling... The remaining "crumbs" are saved and placed in the palm of my hand and squished into a "turd" shape and used like the other pieces... Some people call me "FRUGAL", I prefer just plain "CHEAP". My kids claim that when I cut a piece of cake for them, it's so thin, there's only one side.

donatello said:
Nice video THEMAN ! You inspired me ! I call my video, The Frugal Man. I cut my Super Cedar's into eighth's with a cleaver. Tip down and roll it back. It's not as neat and clean as your cool tool, but I get the job done. The (very patient) wife then puts all in a nice dish and pops it on the mantle. I find that's all I need to get a good fire going, one piece and some good seasoned hardwood, no kindling... The remaining "crumbs" are saved and placed in the palm of my hand and squished into a "turd" shape and used like the other pieces... Some people call me "FRUGAL", I prefer just plain "CHEAP". My kids claim that when I cut a piece of cake for them, it's so thin, there's only one side.

haha, that was awesome! The only thing missing were the gang signs at the end. :lol:

I enjoyed both your video's. I will send any potential customers your way! Maybe instesd of the chopping game Craig can see about a game that quarters 100 Super Cedars the fastest.
Thanks to you both for the time and effort.
Thomas

I always misplace gadgets like that. But I have never misplaced the edge of our kitchen counter.

BrotherBart said:
I always misplace gadgets like that. But I have never misplaced the edge of our kitchen counter.

You should go out drinking with me sometime. :ahhh:

Easy solution to one of lifes little problems. I love it. You will need to add in contact info so that the orders will start to roll in.

You guys keep cutting them up that small, poor Thomas ain't gonna make no money!

Too many moving parts. Not enough color options. Where the heck will I take it for warranty service/repair/replacement? Rick

Am I the only one who breaks them with my bare hands? And I'm no governor of Cahlifonya.

I break em apart as I use them, in the box they ship in

Status
Not open for further replies.