Super Cedar Samples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Demoed them last night to my wife. She kept going, there's no way is that going to start. And, "That won't work". Fifteen minutes later she was shaking her head. Thirty minutes she had the same response. She wants 'em. I have to admit, they really spoil ya.

Yup!
We're all ruined !
I'm glad I know how to light a good fire without them...but I'll tell you, in my small fire box ~ that was sometimes a real chore.
This is immediate gratification! I'm definitely an advocate.
I laid in a nice stash of them this season...and I'm thrilled . Came home after work...couple minutes
=nice fire going ! Very little effort required of me...and the house is warm again in next to no time.
GREAT !

Thomas – You have a fantastic product, I would have posted sooner but after an unexpected winter storm blew through my area last Thursday night, we just got power restored tonight. After 4 days with no power it was a nice luxury having you Super Cedar Fire starters handy, also noticed I did have to leave my door ajar on my wood stove to get the fire going.

Great Product……

Hi Tom,

I got my samples two weeks ago and I also broke them in 4. A 1/4 piece worked fine to light the stove with ease. NO fuss, no difficult attendance, no kindling chopping. Really easy.

I also had some brick shaped, compressed sawdust with parafin (could this be fatwood?), with no sticker on it so I don't know what it is. I got it with the used stove I bought last year. I broke that in 3 and used it to light the stove. Same easy lighting of the fire. Could this be Tom's competition?

Either way, I will check the prices and if they look good, I will probably order some when I almost run out of my current stock.

Thanks

Carpniels

Carpniels,

Fatwood is a stick 1/2" by 8" long. Saturated with pitch. Works well for starting fires.

What makes Super Cedars different is our unique manufacturing process.

We startt with the highest quality paraffin and blend it with Western red Cedar. We use a very small ratio of this paraffin to sawdust. This enables our product to start much faster (Oxygen rich) and burn way cleaner than fatwood.

There are many other paraffin/sawdust firestarters that do not use as refined paraffin. These are often extruded in bars that are heavy in paraffin which I believe do not start as fast or burn as clean and hot.

The Super Cedar also smells the best!

I thank all of you that have taken the time to test the Hearth.com special label Super Cedar. We still have more samples for new members. Email us at [email protected] and they will ship tomorrow.

PS. Those of you that have ordered our product. We thank you for your support. The Hearth.com label available in 100 count cases only at this time.

Thomas

Craig, How did you start your corn stove? I hear corn is harder to start then a pellet stove. I could use your experience to help others that ask in the future. I would also be happy to send some samples to COAL burners and any NEW or old members.
Email your address to [email protected] and they are on their way!

Hearth.com label available on 30 and 100 count only, and the free samples also!

Thanks for all the reveiws and comments.

Dare I ask for any negative reveiws?

Thomas

I ordered the 9 boxes of 8 starters and was hoping they had the (hearth.com) logo. Thought I'd give some out as gifts this year to my redneck, wet wood havin, non fire lighting buddies. Oh well...great product nonetheless. Looking forward to getting others hooked!!
LOOK MA...no kindling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.