Super insert LE vs summit insert LE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Sifan7x7

Feb 9, 2019
Conestoga pa
Okay fellas, decided To install a wood stove insert due to clearance issues with a free standing stove. So I’m debating between the super LE and the summit LE. I have a 1200 square ft two story brick house built in 1940 so the insulation isn’t the best. It’s a open floor plan with 2 ceiling fans downstairs. How well do you think the heat will make it upstairs?

Okay fellas, decided To install a wood stove insert due to clearance issues with a free standing stove. So I’m debating between the super LE and the summit LE. I have a 1200 square ft two story brick house built in 1940 so the insulation isn’t the best. It’s a open floor plan with 2 ceiling fans downstairs. How well do you think the heat will make it upstairs?
Both are great inserts. The Super should work out ok. It has a good long burn time and probably would cover about 90-95% of winter heating needs. On really frigid days you may need to supplement with the central heating a little, but that's not a bad thing.

The Regency i3100 is no longer being sold, but the i2450 replacement is a good product. My preference is the Super for its deeper, square firebox.

Last edited:
Both are great inserts. The Super should work out ok. It has a good long burn time and probably would cover about 90-95% of winter heating needs. On really frigid days you may need to supplement with the central heating a little, but that's not a bad thing.

The Regency i3100 is no longer being sold, but the i2450 replacement is a good product. My preference is the Super for its deeper, square firebox.
The 2450 isn't a replacement for the 3100 it is the replacement for the 2400. They don't currently have a replacement for the 3100 but supposedly it's coming.

Yes, you're right. I see now that the i3100 has a very shallow firebox, but wider.

Reactions: bholler