Supervent pipe 45* fittings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb51b

Feeling the Heat
Dec 24, 2007
Birmingham AL
I am about to build a new chimney at my parents house very similar to mine, out the wall and straight up.. Problem is, I need to get out from under the eaves and cannot seem to find a Supervent 45* readily available to do the job. Does anyone have any experience mixing different brands and their compatibility? I bought the class A from lowes, and the wall mount kit as well but Lowes has no 45's and they do not even have a way to special order them.. Anyone have any ideas? I am not opposed to having it shipped in, but everything I see online is superPRO and not superVENT and I'm not sure if it will mount up.. Thanks!

Jason

That would be fine, if they had, or could get it.. I just need to come out from under the overhang, not particular about what angle... Got any ideas on where to get the 30* fittings?

Jason

OK, looking at some more material, it looks like I can come straight up through the soffit with just class a and nothing else. Is this correct? I know I would need a flashing and a storm collar but that would be a lot cheaper than 45's and xtra class a.. What is the clearance to the soffit with the 103ht class a, or is it direct mount? Thanks in advance..

Jason

EXCEL Chimney See http://www.icc-rsf.com/en/icc/Insulated_Stainless_Steel_Chimney.
I have the same problem at to I did not want ot go through the soffit nor did I want to use elbows. I have decided to use the ICC Excel chimney as it has allowed to extend away from the house enough to bypass the soffit and extend the chimney straight up.

Excel chimney, according to their web site,

EXCEL is tested and listed by
Intertek Testing Services to two safety
standards:

UL 103HT - The standard for solid
and liquid fuel chimneys installed
in the USA. Along with many
other tests the UL 103HT Standard
requires the chimney to withstand three
10 minute chimney fires at 2100°F
(1150°C).
Listing #5965